Caring for your Latchkey Loft piece
Each piece of Latchkey Loft jewellery is lovingly handmade so requires some care to keep it in the original condition, especially 14ct & rose gold plated pieces.
To ensure the longevity of your beloved piece, please:
- Do not wear your plated jewellery in swimming pools, the ocean or whilst showering. Any chemicals, creams & perfumes may react to your jewellery so it's best to avoid contact.
- Store necklaces in separate pouches to ensure they do not tangle.
- Store all jewellery away from moisture and extreme heat.
- Clean your pieces if needed, with a specialist jewellery cleaning cloth to remove excess dirt and oxidisation. Fine chains may sometimes require a silver dip to bring them back to their original brightness. Please do not use silvo.
All of our crystals and stones are handpicked and hand shaped in their own unique way, ensuring a timeless classic for you to enjoy. There could be slight variations from our web images.
Sterling silver jewellery is made from solid high quality sterling silver, consisting of at least 92.5% pure silver and the rest an alloy of copper, zinc, silicon & small parts of anti-tarnishing metals. You can wear silver jewellery in the ocean and shower but be mindful that it can still scratch & oxidise under some conditions and still requires care.
Gold plated rings are made from brass & plated in 3 micron gold plating. We use brass because it is the same tone metal so your piece wont change colour. The plating is thick & with care taken, will last a long time. To preserve the longevity of the plating, adhere to the care instructions above. If you want gold jewellery to wear every day we suggest investing in solid gold instead of plated jewellery, which is not designed to be worn all the time, like sterling silver can be. All of our styles we can custom make in 9ct, 14ct or 18ct gold, rose gold or white gold. Email us to chat more about your custom fine jewellery needs.
To keep your clothing lovely, we recommend:
- Wash by hand in cold water using a light detergent
- Do not use bleach
- Lay flat to dry and out of direct sunlight
- Cool iron inside out.
If you have any questions or issues please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we are always happy to help!